Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Style Works...

I just read a really good bit of advice in the Etsy forums about working on your personal style. I have a bit of a tendancy to be seduced by different styles and so sometimes my work can be quite varied, especially as I work across different types of media. So, I am resolved to 'Keep My Style Cohesive' as I have just drawn in my sketchbook as below. That doesn't mean I'm not going to do different, crazy painting if I feel like it, I just won't list it in my Etsy shop! In my sketchbook I'm going to really explore my AuroraRose style... watch this space!
What is your style and how do you keep it cohesive?

6 comments:

  1. This is such good advice! Variety is wonderful but it is nice to be recognized by your personal style. That is the ultimate compliment. I admire what other do but I don't want to copy them. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great style! I sometimes think my shop gets a little schizophrenic too, but there might be an underlying thread. . . hmmmm. . . I'll have to think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I just feel like I get really inspired by loads of different things and I want to go off in different directions which is fine for me as a person but I think I need to be aware of what I'm showing in my shop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally the same way! I've been trying to solidify my style as well, to avoid going all over the place, but it's tough. That's a great idea to put all your style ideas in a notebook...I might start something similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just try to stick to learning one kind of technique at a time and then evolving from the ones that I really like. I am still learning my craft so I don't want to just stick to one thing until I know more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am exactly the same way! I am pulled in so many directions and feel attracted to so many different styles. I 'like' to think that maybe one day only a few things will stick with me and my own style will be born. But, I don't know if it'll ever happen. *shrugs* At least we are never bored!

    ReplyDelete